March 1st, 2021
Bender has developed a new, compact, PCB mount mA current transformer for use in electric vehicle charging applications.
The CTBC17 is designed for use in e-mobility infrastructure and AC charge station designs to monitor leakage currents in mode three electric vehicle charging.
It is suited to AC/DC residual current measurement, identifying AC and DC residual (earth fault) currents in combination with charge controllers CC612, CC613 and residual current measurement devices RCMB104 and RDC104.
This new current transformer is practical and more cost effective for integrators to use and install into charging solutions. It measures currents in accordance with IEC 62752 and 62955, ensuring safe, compliant charging.
It is supplied as either direct PCB mount or cable harness connection - with optional connecting cable available in various lengths when supplied for use with a charge controller.
· Suitable for AC/DC sensitive residual current measurement and monitoring
· Fully equivalent to the older model W15BS measuring current transformer
· Cost-effective PCB variant for PCB mounting
· Internal diameter 17 mm, suited for the use of supply lines with a large conductor cross section
· Connecting cable available in lengths: 180, 325 and 1470mm
· Integrated shielding of CT to avoid external interference
· Suitable for AC and DC fault current monitoring in charging mode 3 in combination with CC612, CC613, and RDC104-4 and RCMB104-4
· Rated voltage/current: 230 V/80 A (single-phase) and 400 V/32 A (three-phase)
Monitor article: https://bit.ly/3sHBe9w